Thursday, October 14, 2004

 

The gay porn lobby

My car is in the shop (again) so I'm driving a swank '98 Dodge Neon from Rent-A-Wreck (that actually is the company's official name). All of my CDs are in my ailing Subaru so I'm stuck listening to the radio, which is fine until 7 p.m. rolls around. Then, NPR switches to classical music and there are no good music stations in Baton Rouge, unless you dig REO Speedwagon.

So I turned on Savage Nation tonight, knowing it would at least be amusing to hear the lunatic fringe of the lunatic fringe. MSNBC fired Savage Nation host Michael Savage last year, as some of you know, after he referred to a gay caller as a "sodomite" and said the caller should "get AIDS and die."

Sure enough, as soon as I tuned in Mr. Savage informed me that the Democrats today are "just like the Communists of the Soviet Union." He then railed against a Louisiana State Supreme Court decision to throw out a recently passed constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, saying the judge was in the pocket of the "gay porn" lobby.

It's hilarious, except that people believe him. Yikes.
Comments:
you would not believe the number of voters I have talked to who are voting against George Bush because of Dick Cheney's daughter. I've also met a man who opposes George Bush because of the support the President draws from "those Cubans, with their brown souls."
The defining issues in the state house races here in the Great White North (meant literally) are, in order, Democrats killing half-born babies and taxing you for their disposal, the Democrats commanding our young men to assfuck eachother on your porch and then shit on your marriage liscence, Democratic legislators riding around in black helicopters taking your guns and prescription drugs. The Republican congressional candidate advertizes himself as "Michigan's Minuteman" and has posters of himself with a musket. He's also repeatedly advocated an immediate invasion of China, to "Get them before they come for us." This is the official candidate of the Republican party for the United States House of Representatives.

Ben
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?