Friday, October 22, 2004

 

Druz 1, Red Sox fan 0

First, a preemptive fuck you to all those who have or are planning to taunt me about the Yankees' monumental collapse. I took in the Greg Norman-izing of a once-proud franchise at the usual watering hole and I should have known I was already sending bad vibes. The bar, Ivar's, has a green sign with a four-leaf clover on it and when I got in there I was surrounded by what I imagine was every Boston ex-pat in the Baton Rouge metro area.

We all know what happened (thanks, everyone, for your calls) but, you know what? Unlike those drunken, rioting Irishmen in Beantown, I turned to the Red Sox fan sitting next to me, tipped my hat, shook his hand and told him the truth: they deserved it.

It felt good, classy. Then some drunk, sweaty, bloated fuck with a Sox hat leaned in awkwardly between me and my fellow Yankees fan and slurred, "How 'bout them Yankees."

I sprung into action, ripping off one of the all-time great drunkards and replying, "Yeah, well the Yankees will be good next year and you'll still be drunk and fat in the morning, asshole."

Fortunately for me, the Sox fan, who was the size of three of me, was too surprised to kick my ass.

What else is there to say but, go Cardinals!
Comments:
Dude,
Joe already touched on this, but explain again how you still justify your Yankees affiliation? Especially after A-Rod's ridiculous karate chop (it may not have been illegal, but it sure was desperate).

I expected you to throw your supports to the Cards, but don't hate on Sox fans because they finally have a chance to gloat. Sox fans deserve to rub it in, given what poor sportsmans Yankee fans were this year: half the crowd left game seven early AND when it was all over they had the gall to play "New York, New York."

So suck it up and take the insults until next year when things to back to normal and you beat us.

-Ali
 
You know what will be amusing? To see the Red Sox fans wake up from the ashes of their coming World Series debacle, after seeing the Cards celebrate in Fenway, and realize that far from dead, The Curse just gets more and more cruel each year.
 
I love how people, especially Boston fans, are conveniently forgetting what the curse means. Everyone claiming that the curse is lifted or even dented by beating the Yankees is in denial. The reason 1918 is significant is because it's the last time they WON the World Series. For Christ's sake, if all it took was going to the world series we'd be talking about 1986, the last time Boston went. Beating the Evil Empire is nice, but y'all still got some work to do. Once again, go Cards!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?