Thursday, September 30, 2004

 

Believer

This is, by far, the best letter to the editor I have ever received. It hasn't run yet, but I really hope it does. She was upset with the story I wrote on Jimmy Swaggart saying he would kill any gay man who looks at him "like that." The "issues" Ms. Robinson refers to, would be the two hookers Brother Swaggart was caught with (the second one after his tearful television apology for the first one). Try to make it through the whole poem (yes, poem) and note the signature. Enjoy.

September 24, 2004

In Thursdays Metrostate of the Advocate dated 9-23-04, you printed an article referring to Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart's comments on homosexuals.

As he explained, the comments were "silly" and he will not do it again.

However, it truly befuddles me, as to how, out of a silly comment you feel it necessary to bring up issues 13 and even 15 years old?

You're all so quick to print negative feelings and opinions. I challenge you to print my opinion as well as many others... blessed by the preaching and teaching through Jimmy Swaggart Ministries and Son Life Radio (88.5 FM)...on the positive things Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart has done, is doing and will continue to do...

Upon awakening this morning
I had a word of prayer
Turned on the television set
And heard to my dispair

The anchorman expressed
An apology from my pastor?
Taking some words he'd said
Some were seeking disaster

I jumped into my flesh
And out of my spirit
But I cried out to God
"My Lord, Did you hear it?"

I prayed a while more
My spirit is stirring
What the people have said
Really has me worrying

I felt Him as He said
"My child, go in love,
You may back your pastor
But speak with word from above"

So to all the scoffers
Taking words out of context
Misconstruing the meaning
The word of God you reject

Playing cemantics with the word of God
As you do Louisiana law
Equals your relationship with God
As corrupt as our justice system; AWE!

Mr. Traigle says his Bible
Speaks naught of hate or intoleration?
What are you reading
And proclaiming to our nation?

For haven't you ever heard
Of Sodom and Gomorrah?
God didn't tolerate such sin
The people died in horror!

The Bible also says
God loathes a liar
Webster defines loathe as hate
May I mind you of the fire?

No! God does not hate us
But He does hate the sin
And He will not tolerate such
In his Kingdom within

Thus is why He sent His son
Whom gave His life for all
And by believing in your heart
You can defeat mans' fall

In spite of all you scoffers, non-believers
And down right ignorant to the word
God is still blessing folk through Jimmy Swaggart Ministries
Haven't you heard?

For all you intelligent, independent and thinking people,
Not saved by the blood of Jesus Christ
May I lovingly remind you,
In hell, there is no ice...

On the flap and on the scandal
For all still living in the past
Think about what you are saying
When forgiveness of your sins you ask

For if the blood of Christ can't wash away a sin
Committed in '88 or '91
We're all doomed for hell
None spared, not one!

So I thank God this morning
You are all wrong
And I pray Dear God
You hear the Jimmy Swaggart song-

For my pastor is singing
Jesus Saves! Jesus Saves!
He still forgives, He still heals,
He's the same today, yesterday and tommorrow
Mr. Joe Traigle, He can even deliver you
From all of your sorrow

Jimmy Swaggart is preaching the uncompromised word of God
The mighty Gospel of Jesus Christ
It is true
And there is nothing you can do

Brother Swaggart is preaching the word
And will continue until Jesus comes
I stand behind him 100%
As do many,
Thy Will Be Done

Katie Robinson
Believer
Comments:
Bravo, Steve, well done. As the winner of the first annual TOJECC Christian Poetry Contest, you win a date with a toothless New Orleans hooker (she was not a looker) at a pay-by-the-hour hotel. Congratulatinos.
 
Shiiiiiit. I particularly like the stanza where she rhymes "Gamorrah" with "Horror." Of course, you have to read it in an inbreeding-induced southern accent to make it work, but there ya go.
 
Naturally, my favorite part is the typo of cemantics instead of semantics. Maybe the right spelling is too close to semen to be holy?
Also the line
God is still blessing folk through Jimmy Swaggart Ministries
Seems to be missing the TM and the website address...www.SwaggartLovesPoon.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?