Friday, September 24, 2004

 

And the Lord said unto ye, go forth and kill you a queer

Ring, Ring.
"Swaggart Ministries, how may I help you?"
"Hi, this is Heath Druzin with the Advocate. I'm calling to talk to Mr. Swaggart about some comments he made on a TV broadcast regarding gay marriage."
"Just one second, let me see if Brother Swaggart is in."

Yes, it seems our good friend and favorite televangelist Jimmy Swaggart has gone and got himself in trouble again. The good reverend, who has already been caught with a hooker not once, but twice, has the gays mad at him this time. It seems he took a note from Beenie Man and referenced killing gay men during a televised sermon.

Here's a snippet from the broadcast: "I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm going to be blunt and plain: If one ever looks at me like that, I'm going to kill him and tell God he died."

Clearly he hasn't seen me.

This is all especially big news in south Louisiana, as Brother Swaggart's sprawling compound for Christ is located right here, in beautiful Baton Rouge. It was here that Swaggart gave his tearful apology (worth a watch) after getting caught with hooker #1 in 1988. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/21/newsid_2565000/2565197.stm)

Of course, after Louisianans passed a state constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage by a nearly 4-1 margin, this is probably good business for Swaggart.

In any case, it was all a misunderstanding, you see, just a Southernism and a joke being misunderstood, Swaggart assures us. Fear not, though, Swaggart vowed to me that, "I will continue to preach against homosexuality, but do it in the right way."

Score one for the Lord.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?