Thursday, September 16, 2004

 

Aftermath

As you know, Ivan hit this morning, and I can tell you the damage here was grim. The eye of the hurricane started in my plastic cup and came ashore somewhere in my cerebral cortex before taking a southerly track to my digestive track where it maintained its category 5 status until reaching the toilet, where it broke up. I got a good sense of the destruction wrought around 7:30 a.m. when my alarm went off and stumbled to work only to be told by law enforcement that not only was there no storm damage, but that Baton Rouge didn't even get a drop of rain. In short, I felt like Gulf Shores, Alabama looked.
Comments:
ahh, so your praying-for-rain backfired in your face. That sucks, left over hurricane wind and rain is a pretty awesome sight. But still, compared to the total annilation of New Orleans, a little heat and a hangover is, well, just another (though very clever) entry complaining about the crime/cicada/sweat ridden city you call home.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20277-2004Sep14.html (But what the hell do they know?!?)
- Amber
 
interesting postings you put up.i got to tell you that, well you surely got the rain you wanted.
 
All you ever write about is drinking. "I got so drunk blah blah blah whine whine whine I drink so much now my tummy hurts." You need a weekly dose of that Jewish church to get you on the path of righteous living, son.
 
Hey, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Oh, and by the way, anonymous posting is bullshit.
-Ali
 
Uh, yeah, identify yourself, mysterious douche bag.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?