Sunday, August 01, 2004
Port Royal
Having a 6 a.m. flight tomorrow, I decided to go out for drinks tonight. My friends and I ended up at the elegant Port Royal bar, which shares a building with a Waffle House and is nearly as classy. I don't know if it was the pirate flag hanging on the wall or the dude with the clearly visible swastika tattoo on his arm across the bar from me, but I felt the need to request Savage Garden's "Truly Madly Deeply" on the juke box. It was a big hit.
So, as is par for the course, I will be hungover for my flight to South Africa tomorrow and will enter the homeland with bleary eyes. I'm going to be in the land of Apartheid for 10 days and, since the internet still runs on Africa Time there, I likely won't be able to squeeze in a blog update, though I'm going to try. With luck, I will have plenty of drunken blog fodder after my trip.
So, as is par for the course, I will be hungover for my flight to South Africa tomorrow and will enter the homeland with bleary eyes. I'm going to be in the land of Apartheid for 10 days and, since the internet still runs on Africa Time there, I likely won't be able to squeeze in a blog update, though I'm going to try. With luck, I will have plenty of drunken blog fodder after my trip.
Comments:
<< Home
Look, I was in Africa for 11 days and I just got my blog going again after erasing it temporarily, so patience.
Post a Comment
<< Home
