Monday, May 24, 2004
Your local forecast: shitty
It's official, summer sucks. With my car in the shop, I have spent my off-day sweating in my apartment, my natural religious inclinations preventing me from turning on my costly air conditioner. It's been around 90 and very humid for the past several days and the forecast calls for a cooling trend around October, so I guess I need to get used to it. I see why the number one summer activity down here is sitting on the porch with a mint julip and watching the field hands work.
I also understand why people are so fat down here, other than a complete lack of ability to cook with anything other than a deep fryer: for five months out of the year physical exertion sounds about as appealing as, well, Baton Rouge in the summer.
All right, enough of this weak Yankee bitching, time to find me a crawfish boil.
I also understand why people are so fat down here, other than a complete lack of ability to cook with anything other than a deep fryer: for five months out of the year physical exertion sounds about as appealing as, well, Baton Rouge in the summer.
All right, enough of this weak Yankee bitching, time to find me a crawfish boil.