Sunday, April 18, 2004

 

My opus

I've been working on and off for longer than I care to think on an article about serious safety problems at Southern University. I know that description doesn't jump out as thrilling but I think I did a pretty decent job and the story is sure to net me accusations of racism for daring to criticize a historically black school.

A disclaimer: my story was moderately fucked up after it left my hands. There was about three inches cut from the end of the story without my knowledge that really should have been (it didn't end on such an up note before). Also, I was forced to take the punch out of several grafs throughout the story. Still, I think it turned out well and if any of you manage to get through all 60 inches I would like to hear your comments. Except for you, Ben.

When you're reading the story just keep thinking of Heath, the short Jew, notepad in hand, wearing a shirt and tie, trying to keep a low profile on a campus that is nearly 100 percent black. Blend was the word.

Here's the article link:

www.2theadvocate.com/stories/041804/new_southern001.shtml
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?