Thursday, April 01, 2004
Lessons
Speaking of hurtling toward my obituary, last night I went down to The Thirsty Tiger to meet some friends who were allegedly there for a few drinks. Well, out-Heathing me, they had gotten blasted by 9:30 and already moved on to the next bar. By the time I had figured this out, however, I already had a beer in my hand so I grabbed a newspaper and pulled up to the bar.
Suddenly I found myself, PBR in hand, reading a story about one student's struggle with alcoholism and the magic of 12 step program. I suddenly had an epiphany: drinking and smoking alone at a bar (well, not totally alone, I did chat with my friends, the Tiger bartenders) sounds like a lot more fun than AA. Lesson learned.
Suddenly I found myself, PBR in hand, reading a story about one student's struggle with alcoholism and the magic of 12 step program. I suddenly had an epiphany: drinking and smoking alone at a bar (well, not totally alone, I did chat with my friends, the Tiger bartenders) sounds like a lot more fun than AA. Lesson learned.