Thursday, March 11, 2004

 

So this Catholic girl...

Last night I went out for drinks with a friend of mine who used to work at the paper. As we were settling in to our beers three young local TV reporters walked in the bar much to my horror. I'm not the biggest fan and one of them had just told viewers that he had an "exclusive report" before plagiarising a story I did a week earlier.

But we all know each other from being out on the same stories and it was a sparse Wednesday night crowd so we couldn't really hide. That, coupled with the basic Southern politeness being pounded into my head down here made me invite them to join us.

Well, shockingly enough we got hammered and started swapping stories and let me be the first to say we are all pieces of shit. Five reporters sitting around a table getting sloppy and proving that we are the most obnoxious, sexist bastards around. It was like an old school backroom journalism session with all of the booze and tobacco and none of the shoe leather reporting.

Actual lines from the conversation:

My friend talking about how much he loves Catholic school girls and then, talking about a specific Catholic school girl he dated who, in a fit of Catholic guilt said:

"I feel so bad because I love it from behind."

Later I tuned into a conversation just in time to hear, "Whether or not you give her tongue or wood, she knows what's up."

Lovely.

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this but it was funny as Hell and in the interest of full disclosure I suppose I should describe the scumbags I hang out with. Oh well, I paid my penance at work today, struggling not to vomit in the office bathroom.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?