Thursday, March 25, 2004

 

Shattering stereotypes

Yesterday I claimed the title of cheapest Jew in Baton Rouge. How tough could that be, you may say, but keep in mind we have not one, but two synagogues in our town of nearly 300,000 people (though they don't advertise on billboards like many of the upstanding churches in the area).

After wearing a pair of sneakers with holes in them for about one year, including the entire five months I've been here (the hole became particularly apparent during a recent assignment in the woods on a very rainy day) and using running shoes that, well, also had holes in them, I went to Payless and got two pairs of shoes for $27.78. I rule.

I'll get back to y'all in a couple months when my cheap shoes spontaneously combust while I'm covering a hurricane.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?