Tuesday, February 24, 2004
That goatee really compliments your Escalade
Trying to detox after two straight days of Mardi Gras drinking I went to a party tonight thrown by a local Republican political operative and had just two courtesy beers. That was a mistake.
Sadly, I was sober when the guy with the shitty goatee and flammable hair started talking about how he would only drive an SUV and then went into a story about how his wife had brought home a Toyota Prius one day and he had refused to drive it on principle.
It got better.
We were talking about an interracial couple and he quickly chimed in with, "Well, what do they say? Once you go black, you never go back. Ha ha." After furtive glances were exchanged between me and my friends he actually managed to top his earlier statements.
He started talking about how Bobby Jindal lost the Louisiana governor's race because he is Indian (which is true) and then suggested that state Republicans really should have done more to back a white candidate so they would have had a better shot to win.
I nearly fell over, but gained my composure enough to slip out and key his SUV.
God I wish I had.
Sadly, I was sober when the guy with the shitty goatee and flammable hair started talking about how he would only drive an SUV and then went into a story about how his wife had brought home a Toyota Prius one day and he had refused to drive it on principle.
It got better.
We were talking about an interracial couple and he quickly chimed in with, "Well, what do they say? Once you go black, you never go back. Ha ha." After furtive glances were exchanged between me and my friends he actually managed to top his earlier statements.
He started talking about how Bobby Jindal lost the Louisiana governor's race because he is Indian (which is true) and then suggested that state Republicans really should have done more to back a white candidate so they would have had a better shot to win.
I nearly fell over, but gained my composure enough to slip out and key his SUV.
God I wish I had.