Tuesday, January 13, 2004
How I spent my day off
I hesitated posting this for fear of planned interventions, but what the hell?
Last night I went out with a group of my newspaper buddies and there was much merriment and rejoicing.
Not coincidentally, at about 12:20 p.m. today I awoke to a civil war raging in my head, complete with heavy artillery fire and unspeakable atrocities. Not liquids, advil or even Jimmy Carter could convince the factions to put down their arms and, eventually, a decision was made (independent of me) to purge the country.
As I knelt over my toilet I had a conversation with myself, weighing the relative pros and cons of drinking half a bottle of Hungarian wine before going out drinking. It was decided, officially, that I am a moron.
Last night I went out with a group of my newspaper buddies and there was much merriment and rejoicing.
Not coincidentally, at about 12:20 p.m. today I awoke to a civil war raging in my head, complete with heavy artillery fire and unspeakable atrocities. Not liquids, advil or even Jimmy Carter could convince the factions to put down their arms and, eventually, a decision was made (independent of me) to purge the country.
As I knelt over my toilet I had a conversation with myself, weighing the relative pros and cons of drinking half a bottle of Hungarian wine before going out drinking. It was decided, officially, that I am a moron.