Tuesday, December 23, 2003

 

Tis the season to see how much is in the card before reading it

I have gotten several cards wishing me happy holidays recently and, while they did have the effect of making me feel like a bastard for not sending out any cards of my own, this lonely Baton Rouge Jew greatly appreciates the thought this Hannukah.

One card in particular brought me to a very happy conclusion: I still have not outgrown relatives sending money. OK, look, you were thinking the same thing so stop shaking your head at me.

Anyway, when I got this card from my aunt it occurred to me that now that I am nominally adult I may not get the annual handout meant not to be spent in one bar, er, place.

But I have promised myself to use the money wisely, which is why I plan to double it at the casino. Happy holidays.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?