Monday, December 08, 2003

 

Synthesized Jesus

I took in my first born-again Christian Sunday service yesterday and it was truly a cultural experience. I was at Resurrection Life Center to follow up on a story I wrote last week about the church's pastor, who drowned, along with his son, during a fishing trip.

For the first part of the service the lights were turned off except for a sort of flourescent spotlight on a congregant, backed by the soothing sounds of a synthesizer, who sang a sort of praise Jesus pop for 30 minutes straight.

For the next hour and a half there was a little bit of channeling the Lord, a smattering of divine premonitions and even a little speaking in tongues.

I then realized what a disgrace I am to my religion while I was sitting down to my ham lunch with the congregants after my first church service, though I escaped just before conversion.

Hallelujah!

Here's a link to the story if you're interested (I think this one makes up for my Christmas story):

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/120803/new_church001.shtml


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?