Thursday, December 04, 2003
Shi...what?
Working a lot in the more downtrodden neighborhoods of Baton Rouge can certainly take its toll. Broken families, lack of education and high crime go hand in hand with crushing poverty to make for a depressing scene. However, it all becomes worth it when I come across names like this in the jailbook:
SHITREATHA MARIE PRINCE, 20, booked on prostitution
Yes, Shitreatha. Why would a young woman turn to prostitution? Was she abused, abandoned, destitute? I would hazard a guess: her name is Shitreatha. For the duration of her formal education she was accutely aware of her name every waking moment. Be thankful your parents weren't so cruel.
SHITREATHA MARIE PRINCE, 20, booked on prostitution
Yes, Shitreatha. Why would a young woman turn to prostitution? Was she abused, abandoned, destitute? I would hazard a guess: her name is Shitreatha. For the duration of her formal education she was accutely aware of her name every waking moment. Be thankful your parents weren't so cruel.