Sunday, December 21, 2003
Po'
I am poor. This is not a complaint, as I like to think the nobility of my profession outweighs any financial constraints (you can stop laughing now), it is simply an observation that became all too apparent yesterday.
At the scene of a fire there is water everywhere. Last night at an apartment fire I went to there were six different tankers leaking the stuff in all directions, a steady river flowing out of the parking lot.
And, as I stood there talking to the fire chief an awareness of my finances came seeping in through the growing hole in my year-old sneakers.
Well, I'm off to Payless and then the Waffle House for my $2.25 eggs, grits, toast and jelly breakfast, served with love of course.
At the scene of a fire there is water everywhere. Last night at an apartment fire I went to there were six different tankers leaking the stuff in all directions, a steady river flowing out of the parking lot.
And, as I stood there talking to the fire chief an awareness of my finances came seeping in through the growing hole in my year-old sneakers.
Well, I'm off to Payless and then the Waffle House for my $2.25 eggs, grits, toast and jelly breakfast, served with love of course.