Sunday, December 14, 2003
Implosion 2, Saddam
Covered my second building implosion today and, being a jaded veteran implosion reporter now, my only goal for the story was to somehow reference German industrial band Einsturzende Neubauten ("Collapsing New Buildings"). I failed.
Instead I talked about the 200 odd people who showed up at 6:30 a.m. on a Sunday to see a building collapse from a shitty vantage point just two weeks after two other buildings were imploded a couple blocks away. This may be the surest sign of the Baton Rouge area's desperation for entertainment.
Oh well, we all know what's going on the front page tomorrow, and it ain't Heath Druzin, that's for sure.
Instead I talked about the 200 odd people who showed up at 6:30 a.m. on a Sunday to see a building collapse from a shitty vantage point just two weeks after two other buildings were imploded a couple blocks away. This may be the surest sign of the Baton Rouge area's desperation for entertainment.
Oh well, we all know what's going on the front page tomorrow, and it ain't Heath Druzin, that's for sure.