Friday, November 14, 2003

 

A lot of nuts in this town

I was sitting outside my local coffee spot today, marvelling at the unusual absence of crazies when, well, Don Kenman showed up.

Don is a big man who "grew up in the country" and whose flannel shirt and camouflage hat complimented his missing teeth and long, coarse, malnourished gray hair. I was reading the paper, so Don started talking about "those damn politicians" as I nodded blandly, trying desperately to get back to reading about those damn politicians.

Finally, I gave up and listened as Don started darting from one semi-formed thought to another until his piece d' resistance at the end. Here are the highlights:

"Oh man, them Republicans really fucked things up there in California, didn't they...Yeah and that Bush and I-Raq, boy I tell you, once it became a Stalinist guerrilla war, it was all over...And you know, there's a bunch of crackheads up in north Baton Rouge (that's the rough part of town), always shooting each other, but I guess that's kind of good. Too many niggers - I say that and I'm a liberal (kind of a Robert Byrd liberal, but with the hood still on)...Well, ya know, there's a lot of nuts in this town."

Yes, yes there are.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?