Sunday, November 09, 2003
Denim on denim surprise
Last night I went out drinking with a Louisiana native whose moustache connects to his sideburns. He dressed up for a Saturday night on the town by putting on a Labrador Brewery baseball cap over his wild, mountain-man hair to compliment his denim on denim outfit. A toothless hick? A redneck in the city to sell some produce from the farm? Nope, an editor at the Wall Street Journal in town to promote his new book - a book devoted solely to beer. Did I mention his moustache connects to his sideburns? Dude, this guy is my hero.
Well, it turns out he has done just about everything, including bouncing around southern Africa writing features for the Journal and covering the 1994 elections in South Africa. So basically I gazed starry-eyed at him for the entire night, although probably less and less starry as the beers hit double digits, and asked him in various ways, "So, how exactly do I be you?"
Well, it turns out he has done just about everything, including bouncing around southern Africa writing features for the Journal and covering the 1994 elections in South Africa. So basically I gazed starry-eyed at him for the entire night, although probably less and less starry as the beers hit double digits, and asked him in various ways, "So, how exactly do I be you?"